Softball Preview

One year after finishing with a disappointing record of 3-15, the Panthers are looking to rebound this season with hopes of returning to the top of the mountain as they did in 2014. The Panthers will relatively have the same core as they did last year with only a handful of seniors graduating. Numerous talented players are hoping to make an impact for the Panthers.

South softball has not been the same since 2014 when they won the Class 4A State Title. However, the players are hopeful in spite of recent struggles . Freshman Kamryn Deckard explained that she is “excited to play softball this year for South” and hopefully throughout her high school career. Sophomore Casey Fleetwood is optimistic that the Panthers can “get the job done this year and exceed expectations”.

Although the Panthers have been struggling in recent years, the future is bright. Expect South to exceed expectations by winning more games this season. The Panthers next game is this Saturday, April 8th against Shakamak with a start time of 10:00 AM.