Mix it Up at Lunch day

If you want to step━or rather, sit━outside of your comfort zone, keep an eye out for Mix it Up at Lunch day. This event will be coming to South on Tuesday, May 16 during all lunches.

The newly formed Community Leadership Club has organized South’s Mix it Up at Lunch and will encourage students in the cafeteria on that day to sit and eat with people they may not know. Student ambassadors will have activities and icebreakers planned as to facilitate conversation.

Mix it Up at Lunch day is a national campaign created by the organization Teaching Tolerance in 2002. It encourages social tolerance through varying one’s social groups during lunchtime. Although the organization’s official Mix it Up at Lunch day is the last Tuesday in October of each school year, South will be holding its version in May this year.

If you are interested in participating in Mix it Up at Lunch day, you simply need to sit at one of the designated tables in the cafeteria and be open to having a conversation with new people.

For more information about the nation-wide campaign, visit http://www.tolerance.org/mix-it-up/what-is-mix