New study tables

Recently, the school has implemented a new addition in it’s after school schedule. Now, South will be offering supervised study tables for students who have to stay after school and wait for their activities. Here’s what Mr. True had to say about the study tables:

Q: So what are the new study tables?

A: There are a lot of kids who need to be here after school who can’t go home and come back, and they need to be supervised. We don’t want to be the type of school that says “Get out of here,”… but we are liable for whatever goes on at school. Therefore, we are going to have to supervise the kids that have to stay here after school in the cafeteria.

Q: What are the hours for the study tables?

A: Study tables go from 3:15 to 5:15.

Q: Is every student who is in the building after school hours supposed to be in the cafeteria, including athletes waiting to leave for away games?

A: The reason we are doing this is for the students that are involved in a school activity. What we don’t want is for kids just to hang out.

Q: For example, if a student’s parent couldn’t pick he/she up from school until a little bit later, are they supposed to be in the cafeteria as well?

A:They can come to the cafeteria as long as they’re not acting up. Otherwise, they can wait outside. We can’t have students wandering around without supervision. The only people in the building after school are custodians, and we can’t ask them to supervise. That’s the main reason why we started the study tables.

Q: What is the transportation method for getting students home from study tables?

A: There is none. We have transportation methods for the students in PACE, which we are lucky to get. But this is not PACE, this is for students to be supervised while they wait for their activities.