Project Green Challenge heads to San Francisco

Throughout the month of October, junior Tamsin Stringer completed daily tasks dedicated to being more environmentally conscious, documenting her progress on social media. Her efforts were driven by Project Green Challenge (PGC), a global challenge for students to live greener, more sustainable lifestyles. The challenge began in 2011, engaging all 50 states as well as 45 countries. This year, 4,018 students from 37 countries participated in the challenge. Only 16 individuals will proceed as finalists. On Wednesday, November 16th, Stringer will join other finalists in San Francisco for a culminating eco summit event. She placed second in the competition.

“It’s important to me personally because before PGC, I joined SAGE and I’m taking AP Environmental Science, but I’d never actually thought of ways to change myself. I was still living a consumerist lifestyle. . .so I decided to change the way I lived, and in doing so I found a passion for the environment and I plan to pursue it,” Stringer said.

Junior SungAh Kim is also one of the sixteen finalists headed to California. Advocating for green living and for the future of the earth is something all students can play an active role in. Being conscious of where your food, cleaning products, and clothing come from is essential to living a lifestyle that contributes to the future of the earth.