Students get standardized test scores

As students frantically jump on their College Board accounts to check their SAT scores, reactions range from jubilation to anger. The SAT was changed at the beginning of 2016 back to being out of 1600 points.

Junior Zoe Berensztein took the French with Listening SAT II Subject Test. Although she enjoyed that the test itself was only an hour, she believes the standardized testing requirements are excessive and College Board profits too much off the process.

Sarah Brown, also a junior, took the SAT I with writing for the first time, and thinks “taking a class with an SAT tutor for six weeks prepared me for how long the test is.”  Brown agrees that the current standardized testing system can be frustrating, but also says that “everything can be complained about,” and that “the current SAT system is the best option.”

Regardless of their opinions, both Berensztein and Brown are going to deal with College Board again. Berensztein says she’s going to take a second Subject Test and Brown is already signed up to take the SAT I again this weekend to try to improve her score.