South Speaks: Parking Passes

South Speaks: Parking Passes

This week you can purchase parking passes in the BHSS Bookstore if you turn in the $5 fee and a pink or yellow sheet with details about your vehicle. You pay $5 to wait 10 mins in the parking lot after school, which is clogged with parents. And worst of all, if you decide not to purchase a pass, you may find yourself dealing with a large, bright, orange sticker plastered on the side of your car sometime during the year. At many high schools in the country, students are allowed to paint their parking spots and make them their own. However, South doesn’t allow this. We asked South students about their opinions on the parking lot rules and cost:

“I want to paint my parking spot. I think the whole system is kind of stupid.” – Junior Tommy Mcevilly  

“The front lot is supposed to be a privilege, but it’s the worst lot to park in.”- Junior Aidan Crowley

“We need a separate parking lot for freshman parents to pick up their kids. It would help if they were educated on how to park before the first day.” – Senior Caitlin Lewis

“People don’t how to park, and I’m not trying to get in a wreck because someone else doesn’t know how to drive.”- Junior Ben Pliske