Annual Hoosier to Hoosier Community Sale

This years annual Hoosier to Hoosier Community sale will be taking place this Saturday, August 22 at the Warehouse on Rogers Street. From 8am to 9:30am IU students who show an ID get in for five dollars, a family gets in for 20 dollars, at the most, and 16 years and younger get in for free. From 9:30am to 3pm admission is free.

The Hoosier to Hoosier Community Sale is a reuse program designed to lessen the amount of reusable items that go to landfills during and after student move-out, cut down on additional purchases by reselling item to students and members of the community, and to raise funds for charities.  

Students living in dorms on campus can drop off their things to a large majority of the dorms at IU, for students not living on campus, some apartment complexes around town also participate in the sale. These donated items will then be resold.

Hoosier to Hoosier accepts a wide variety of donations from clothes to unopened food to furniture. However, they will not accept mattresses, trash, guns, fireworks, soiled linens, dirty clothes, or smoking devices.

This sale has had a very good turnout in the past. In 2010 they diverted 20 tons of material from landfills and raised 10,469 dollars, in 2011 it was 27 tons of materials and 17,603.54 dollars. At this years sale they are expecting to have about eight semi trucks worth of donations.