South Speaks: Romeo Langford to play basketball for IU

When Hoosiers hear the words Indiana University, basketball may come to mind, as IU Basketball is a very important part of the Bloomington sports culture. Recently, New Albany high school basketball star Romeo Langford signed on to play basketball for IU. Langford is ranked number five in his class. He was heavily recruited and eventually narrowed down his choices to Kansas, Vanderbilt and IU before choosing IU. We asked students about what they thought about Romeo Langford committing to IU to play basketball.

“I feel as though he’s probably wanted to commit to IU for a long time, but he’s more of a one and done. So, he’s going to go to IU for a year and then to the NBA,” junior Serena Dajani said.

“I think it’s a great thing that a local kid with such talent will be coming to IU to hopefully make a lasting impact on IU basketball culture,” junior Sydney Leeper (who plays for the girls basketball team) said.

“I think that his commitment has a big impact on our future and has the possibility to make us contenders in the Big Ten. He looks to fit alongside the, hopefully, returning Juwan Morgan and the up and coming Justin Smith and Devonte Green,” junior Jonathan Leite said.