Top five most “Instagrammable” places downtown

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lilly Thomas, Staff Writer/Photographer

Let’s face it, taking pictures in front of the Sample Gates just isn’t cutting it anymore. With summer coming to an end, it’s time to stock up on enough sunny “throwback” pictures to last throughout the winter. Here, in no particular order, are the most photogenic places in Downtown Bloomington.

The Farmers Market

Natural lighting? Check. Colorful surroundings? Check. Old people haggling over the price of squash? Double check. The weekly farmers market is the perfect opportunity to take some quality snaps while enjoying a quintessential Bloomington event.

The Buskirk-Chumley Theater

Whether you’re catching a show or just walking by, this historic theater is the perfect place to stop and get a picture. So Bloomington.

The Colorful Wall Along the B-Line

Yes, that wall! You’ve no doubt seen it featured on your Instagram timeline about a thousand times by now. No matter what you’re wearing, at least one of the colors will serve as a great background.

An Alleyway

Graffiti always makes for a fun photo or background, so try finding some of the colorful artwork that’s hiding in Bloomington’s alleyways.

The Jordan Hall Greenhouse

Located on the IU Campus, the greenhouse is a beautiful, serene place to find photography inspiration. Whether you’re inside with the greenery or on the outside looking in, there are many interesting focal points and angles to experiment with.

Now that you’ve got plenty of ideas and locations, you’re ready to get snapping!