Upcoming weekend of South sports

Calvin Prenkert

After a successful regular season, four fall sports teams remain in the postseason.

Cross Country: After claiming a regional cross country title, the boys will compete at semi state this Saturday. Senior Ian Shaw and junior Jack Gillard have had phenomenal seasons and will likely be high place finishers. 

Volleyball: For the second year in a row, the volleyball team has advanced to regionals, defeating Bloomington North and Columbus North in three sets respectively. They play Castle in the regional semifinal this Saturday at noon.

Boys Soccer: After regional wins over Floyd Central and Roncalli last week, the Bloomington South soccer team has done something that hasn’t been done in the 28 years of being a varsity sport: made it to semifinals. Suffering only two regular season losses, the boys soccer team will try to keep their hot streak going this Saturday against Zionsville.

Football: After posting a 4-5 record, the South football team draws a BYE in the 5A playoffs. They will play the winner of Whiteland and Franklin Community on Friday, Oct. 26.