Optimize: week of Nov. 26

Welcome to Optimize, a weekly update to keep you informed on what has happened during the week. Here are five national/international stories (and one local one) that you should know:

Tensions Escalate between Russia and Ukraine

Three Ukrainian ships on the Black Sea have been fired upon and seized by Russia after supposed breaches of the countries’ treaty regarding the waters.

Cohen pleads guilty

Michael Cohen, President Trump’s lawyer, has pled guilty to lying to Congress. Cohen also revealed details about a Trump real estate deal in Russia.

Border Patrol strife

The migrant caravan , made up on Central Americans at the U.S’s southern border, was tear-gassed by U.S. Border Patrol agents earlier this week. A photo was released, of a mother fleeing with the her child, and was deemed a “staged hoax”  by Internet users; however, this photo was very real.  

Landing on Mars

A NASA probe landed on Mars this week. This is the eighth successful U.S. Mars landing.  

Local Bonus: Barnes and Noble closing

After 23 years, Bloomington’s  Barnes and Noble  is going to close in February. This announcement was made by the company, but only speculation can be made as to why they will close.