Song of the Week: December 3rd

Back to Article
Back to Article

Song of the Week: December 3rd

Four staff writers have decided to come together and pick their favorite songs each week based on recent releases, personal feelings, and general overall enjoyment.

Week of Dec. 3:  

This week’s theme: Motivation

Calvin Prenkert-  My song of the week is “Bubblin’” by Anderson .Paak. I like this song because it is fast paced and has many strong beat changes. .Paak is an essential RnB/hiphop artist who has great rap skills and creative beats. The lyrics are solid and the flows are short. I always get excited when listening to this song, and I often listen to it before a big event or test to get myself motivated.

Jackson Moore- My song of the week is “Rolex” by Ayo & Teo. When I want to be motivated to achieve something, I need a very upbeat song to get me going. This song is perfect to get anyone motivated using an extreme hip hop twist of music. The chorus is super catchy and sometimes hard not to sing along to. Essentially, any song that moves quickly with a hard beat helps get me going, “Rolex” is just the best example.

Tommy McEvilly-  My song of the week is “Freedom! ‘90” by George Michael. With a very upbeat, funky feel to the song, Michael makes it easy to feel empowered and spirited. Michael begins the song with the lyrics “I won’t let you down/ I will not give you up”, and I know that as soon as I hear those lyrics come out, I’m in for a good day. This is my number one go to song if I need to clean my room or get any other chores done. I highly recommend this song if you’ve been putting off doing your homework because this song never fails to hype me up.

Noah Moore- My song this week is “That’s Life” by Frank Sinatra. As with most Sinatra songs, he did not write the music, but his version is the most popular and esteemed. It’s a motivational song where Sinatra sings about how even when things are looking dim, an upswing is imminent. Motivation is the word, but Sinatra sings almost with anger, a benign fury that reflects his frustration with the world at times. This is a song for when you need to spite those that try to push you down.

Check out our Spotify playlist with every song from each week:

https://open.spotify.com/user/loriuliana/playlist/1rcFpovgYaoDzsDBejQGBw?si=CmKNgzWeQRyo99eo7vj-8g

About the Writers
Calvin Prenkert, Editor

Calvin is very happy to be returning to the Optimist staff this school year. When he is not pursuing journalistic endeavors, he enjoys playing tennis,...

Noah Moore, Staff Writer

Noah Moore is a senior and first-year Optimist staff-writer. He enjoys singing, chilling with his dog Ginger and not playing the trumpet. If you see him...

Jackson Moore, Staff Writer

Jackson Moore is a senior at Bloomington High School South and is excited to be serving in his first year on The Optimist news staff. In his free time,...