Which smacks harder? (Chick-fil-A vs. Joella’s)

A clash of the titans is taking place in the United States: Popeyes vs. Chick-fil-A. Unfortunately, there are no Popeyes locations in Bloomington; however, we found another rival chicken joint to compare: Joella’s. The newcomer to Bloomington has made a run for Chick-fil-A’s money, rounding up a decent amount of their business. But who is the king among these two poultry giants?

There are many positives and negatives about each restaurant. Chick-fil-A is an experience unmatched by any other restaurant. From the juicy chicken to their waffle fries, lemonade, and mac and cheese, it is a one of a kind experience that everyone needs to have-just not on Sundays. The only drawback for Chick-fil-A is the price. 

Joella’s, on the other hand, is just an average chicken restaurant. It provides an all around a good time, but nothing seems to stand out as spectacular. The chicken is just as you would expect, tender and moist. The service is quick but gives you enough time to have a relaxing meal. 

Service: 

CFA: When it comes to service, no one should be surprised by Chick-fil-A taking the lead. Anytime a customer enters  the restaurant, a staff member is ready to take their order with a smile. Quick to remedy any mistakes or provide a refill, Chick-fil-A is unmatched in terms of service.  

Joella’s: Joella’s has decent customer service, but nowhere near the same tier as that of Chick-fil-A. Staff is friendly, but doesn’t have that special “it factor” that puts Chick-fil-A far above all of the competition.

Chicken: 

CFA: When it comes to chicken the two restaurants have different methods of preparing the chicken. Chick-fil-A opts for boneless chicken with items like the famous chicken sandwich, a grilled chicken sandwich, chicken tenders, and chicken nuggets. All of the chicken served at the establishment has crispy breading, and very well seasoned meat that is always delicious. 

Joella’s: While Joella’s does have chicken tenders, most of the menu is in-bone chicken. On top of this they also have many different sauce options ranging from no spice to more spice than any one person should ever even consider consuming. While the chicken is a lower quality at Joella’s, you receive more meat and the opportunity to sauce up your poultry gives customers more options overall.  

Other Food:

CFA: When it comes to other food, Chick-fil-A has recently added mac and cheese to the menu. They serve a variety of other sides and meals that are all great if you wish for something a little different. Meals such as their salads and mac and cheese add some variety to the menu. While sides such as the chicken soup, waffle fries, and baked potatoes help to add another aspect to your meal.

Joella’s: Joella’s, however, focuses more on traditional chicken sides. With sides such as mashed potatoes, green beans, and coleslaw, it caters to a different audience. If you are wishing to have a more traditional chicken meal with sides that reflect the southern origins of Joella’s 

Price:

CFA: Chick-fil-A is not the cheapest when compared to other fast food restaurants, but the quality warrants the price. It is still cheaper than Joellas making it a very good relatively cheap option.

Joella’s: Joella’s price is slightly on the higher end. With many of the meals costing $8 or more, Joella’s is not priced as many other fast food chains. The price indicates the time and effort poured into the chicken.

Overview:

Overall, Chick-fil-A offers a great experience for all. From their friendly workers, fast service, and amazing chicken taste, Chick-fil-A is a one of a kind restaurant. However, Joella’s is open on Sundays, has unique sodas, and offers traditional chicken sides, thus offering some things that Chick-fil-A can’t.