Calling all creatives: life and career lecture

Broadway and Beyond, a lecture meant for parents and students interested in the performing arts, is coming to Bloomington. It is intended to provide advice within the field and outside to youth from insiders of the entertainment industry. 

Broadway and Beyond is well acclaimed along with its creator and sole educator. Broadway and Beyond has been the subject of praise from schools, professional theater groups, and dance studios throughout the country. In addition, it has been featured and covered by almost every major newspaper and television network in North America, such as ABC, NBC, and the New York Times, among others. 

Peter Skylar, a renowned talent scout, has studied at Harvard Graduate School of Education, is professionally trained in concert piano, and has had many years of experience. Some iconic figures who have gotten guidance from Skylar include Sarah Jessica Parker, Reese Witherspoon, and many more. 

They approached Catherine Rademacher, South’s theater teacher, and asked if she’d be willing to have a sponsor to come and deliver the lecture. When asked about what she hopes students get out of the event, Rademacher said, “He has a lot of things to offer. He has experience doing theater and life in general that I think the lessons he would share would be welcome to kids. Especially students who are planning on pursuing a degree or theater and that they could glean a lot from that.” 

The event details for Broadway and Beyond are: 

When: Thursday November 7th 6:30

Where: Bloomington High School South

Admission is free and those interested must RSVP at [email protected]

Students must be 7 or older and anyone under 16 must be accompanied by a parent