Hudson Hoops: week 6 IHSAA power rankings

After a couple days of break and then some holiday tournaments,  here we are heading into week 6 of high school basketball. A lot has happened since my rankings going into week 3 so let’s get started.

Class 4A

Lawrence North (7-0) (+2)

With quality wins over Lawrence Central, Jeffersonville, and Brownsburg, the Wildcats are clearly the best team in the state right now. . If they keep this momentum going forward the rest of Indiana should watch out for this powerhouse.

Bloomington South (10-0) (-)

Bloomington South has one signature win at Floyd Central, as well as wins over a lot of solid teams which ranks their undefeated campaign second in the state thus far. The most impressive stay is their margin of victory over a lot of solid teams.

Lawrence Central (7-1) (-2)

With one loss to Lawrence North as the only blemish on their impressive resume the Bears are still one of the best teams in the state. Recent wins over Lafayette Jeff and Silver Creek prove just that.

Warren Central (7-0) (-)

Warren Central is an interesting team to rank because they haven’t played many teams that are very good outside of Indianapolis Cathedral, but until I’m proven otherwise they will remain in the top 5 as one of the few undefeated teams remaining.

Fishers (11-0) (NR)

Starting off 11-0 the Tigers are having their best start to the season of the decade and they don’t look to be slowing down anytime soon. As a team that was on no ones radar coming into the season they have proven to be a force to be reckoned with early on this season.

Brownsburg (8-1) (-)

Similar to Lawrence Central, Brownsburg only has one loss and it is to Lawrence North. Other than that one game, they have been impressive and are definitely one of the top teams in the state.

Lafayette Jeff (8-1) (+2)

The AP poll seems to love the Bronchos more than I do, but their best win is against Heritage Hills and they lost by 20 to their first real test against Lawrence Central which places them 7th in my rankings.

Floyd Central (6-1) (NR)

Floyd Central is always a pretty good team and their relatively slow playstyle keeps them in every game.he Highlanders have only lost one game to a last second shot by Bloomington South. They are definitely a southern Indiana powerhouse. 

Jeffersonville (6-4) (-4)

Despite 4 early losses this team is still really good. They lost those 4 games by a combined total of 15 points including an overtime loss to the best team in the state and the best team in Class 3A basketball.

Westfield (6-0)(NR)

Undefeated so far Westfield has proven themselves worthy of the 10th and final spot on this week’s power rankings. They don’t have any signature wins but do have a win over Zionsville this season.

Dropped Out: Crispus Attucks(7) Carmel(8) Ben Davis(10)

Class 3A

Silver Creek (8-1) (-)

The Dragons might have gotten destroyed by Lawrence Central the other night but have otherwise been the best team in 3A.

Heritage Hills (5-3) (-)

The 3 losses shouldn’t fool you, this team has lost to some of the best teams in Class 4A and took Silver Creek to overtime. They are a much better team than their record shows.

Norwell (9-1) (NR)

As one of the few one loss teams left in 3A this team has done everything to deserve this high of a ranking.

Danville (9-1) (NR)

The Warriors have looked really good so far winning most of their games by 25 or more points. One loss to Plainfield doesn’t change my opinion about this team. Danville is definitely a team to beat in 3A.

Greensburg (6-2) (-)

With two losses to Southport and Bloomington South, Greensburg has proven one thing: they are definitely in the right class of basketball. As far as my ranking of them goes, they are still high because they have beaten all the teams they should be able to beat.

Connersville (8-2) (NR)

Connersville has started out really well this season. Two recent losses in the Kokomo tournament they competed in hurts them a little bit but still leaves them ranked really high.

Delta (6-1) (-3)

The eagles, now on a 6 game winning streak after an early loss to Connersville, don’t really have many high quality wins but they have won an impressive amount of games so far.

South Bend St. Joseph (7-1) (+2)

Off to a 7-1 start, the Indians are putting together an impressive season. They have done nothing but dominate teams this season.

Indian Creek (7-1) (NR)

After faltering early to Franklin and picking up their first loss of the season, the Braves have gone on a 7 game winning streak that has looked nothing short of impressive.

Brebeuf Jesuit (5-2) (-7)

A second loss to Beech Grove has moved this team way down on the rankings for me, but I still think with their resume the Braves deserve to be in the top 10.

Dropped Out: Princeton(6) Evansville Bosse(7) Beech Grove(8) Hammond(9)

Class 2A

FW Blackhawk Christian (8-1) (-)

Blackhawk’s single loss against Silver Creek remains as the only blemish in their season and gives me enough incentive to keep Caleb Furst’s squad at #1 in 2A.

Linton-Stockton (8-1) (-)

Linton has impressed me so much this season and I keep debating who to put at #1 between them and Blackhawk because it is that close in my opinion. Just because I put them at #2 doesn’t mean they can’t be the best team in Class 2A.

Shenandoah (5-1) (-)

Shenandoah only lost to Fishers by two points. While a loss is still a loss they battled neck and neck with one of the best teams in the state and almost came out with a win. That is a sign of a great team.

Prairie Heights(9-0) (NR)

Being undefeated always helps your case to be ranked high in my eyes and the Panthers have done just that. Until they lose I am to believe they are one of the best teams in 2A.

Evansville Mater Dei (6-1) (NR)

Dropping only one game to Evansville Reitz, the Wildcats deserve to be named among the best teams in their class.

Dropped Out: Andrean(4) Southwestern (Hanover)(5)

Class 1A

Barr-Reeve(9-0)(+1)

The Vikings still haven’t lost a game this year and for good reason. They are proving to everybody why they are the best team in 1A.

Greenwood Christian (9-0) (NR)

I don’t know that much about this team other than the fact that they haven’t  lost a game yet against their decently rough schedule and have won many of those games convincingly.

Bloomfield (5-0) (-)

The Cardinals of Bloomfield have started off the season with five early wins. They have looked impressive, winning most of their games by a large margin, however they have been in some close games recently and proven they can win tight games. 

Kouts (6-0) (NR)

The mustangs are off to an impressive start to the season with six wins against as many teams. No one seems to be able to slow them down early in the season.

Gary 21st Century(9-2) (-)

With two recent losses they have moved down a little bit in favor of some undefeated teams but the Cougars have looked impressive, nonetheless.

Dropped Out: Loogootee(4) Covington(5)