Time to buy a dress- Prom 2022 is confirmed!

It has been two years since the last South prom and every Junior and Senior is wondering whether or not there will be a prom. The answer is yes, hopefully.

“Obviously we can’t predict the future, so if there would be something to stop us we couldn’t do it, but otherwise we are moving full-steam ahead with planning,” said prom committee sponsor Kareston Hall. 

Senior Dahlia Ritter has had her last two proms prevented by COVID. “I’m so excited because it will be my first prom and I want to see what all the hype is about,” says Ritter. As restrictions are lifted and case numbers decrease, though, the possibility of prom is looking more and more promising. As of now, it’s happening.

Prom is planned to take place May 14th. Tickets will be on sale May 4-13th in the bookstore and will be $35. It is planned to take place in the atrium from 8-11:30, but the location could change depending on local health department mandates. Students will be allowed to bring guests. The prom committee is planning to meet for the first time before Spring Break to discuss more details.