Safety Shower Accident Causes Water Damage

Jenna Torline, Ad Manager

Thursday afternoon during an Earth Space class, the lever to a safety shower was accidentally pulled and subsequently flooded the floor of the room with nearly an inch of water. The water leaked through the floor and began to cause water damage to the library. According to South’s assistant principal Jay True, students and janitorial staff worked quickly to move any electronics, books and other items that may have been in the affected areas.

“Some kid was doing karate moves and managed to get the lever. They tried pulling it again, but that’s not how those work. Once they’re going, you can’t really stop them.” True explained.

Last time this happened was 18 years ago, when a shower was activated in Room 308 and flooded the room underneath, 208.