More Business Classes Require a New Classroom A233

The sounds of drilling, pounding, and sawing are all students and staff have heard for the past two weeks on the second floor, room A233. Following these noises is the addition of an extra large classroom. 

Last school year, Adam Price, a business teacher at South, noticed there was an increasing amount of students selecting business classes for their electives. Price believes there is an increase of students because counselors and parents have noticed a more dominant career choice later in life when it comes to business degrees. 

With these career opportunities, Price moved classrooms and has been withstanding disruptive noises and room changes to accommodate the increased students. Making these changes is necessary to ensure all students who want to follow the business path later have an up to date, adequate learning experience. 

Following the normal look of other classrooms in the building, it features the same carpet and walls, but differing with the amenities that come with “normal” classrooms. Such as featuring a larger center table to help with presentations, teachings, and public speaking, as well as including cubbies which Price said are for minimal “distractions” when working in his class. Having a place to store your backpack, phone, etc. helps with staying on task and performing well in class. Senior Phoebe Hyun, who took principles of business as a sophomore, stated, ”I love the new improvements of the business classroom.”