Tune Talk: The Music of Christmas

When it comes time to get into that Christmas spirit a majority of people tend to decorate their houses or even put on a Christmas movie. Though one of my personal favorites is the music played during Christmas time. Music has a way of connecting people and what’s a better time to connect and enjoy time with friends and family than Christmas, and that’s why I believe Christmas music holds a strong power of connection and pawns joy upon others. 

When you think of Christmas music one name comes to mind; Mariah Carey. What would Christmas music be like if we’ve never heard “All I want for Christmas is You”? Well that is something I’d not like to wonder, but rather why does this song have such a chokehold on Christmas? Well the lyrics are heartfelt and meant for that one significant person in your life, which really resonates with connection, and within the theme of the song it’s a must play. Her delivery is phenomenal and it really sets the tone for Christmas.

A personal favorite of mine, “Let it Snow! Let it Snow!, Let it Snow!” by Frank Sinatra is also a go to for Christmas. Sinatra just has a way with words, with delivery and tone, it just hits the right spot and you can’t help but to sing along. 

Now to finish it off there is no better way to get into the Christmas spirit than listening to, “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” by Gene Autry and The Pinafores. For children this song is a must listen. It’s a song that really connects with children because of the belief in Santa, and as well as the story telling about Rudolph it gives children someone to resonate with and share similarities.