Support South Dance at Dine and Donates

On Saturday, December 3, the South Dance Team faced challenges in their first competition of the season. “It was definitely a learning experience for all of us,” said junior Jaynae Johnson.

The team put on a youth dance clinic for grades K-8 this week, hosting 2 days of lessons for the students. The Panthers would teach a routine and then perform with them at halftime of the boy’s basketball game on December 9th. Freshman Liberty Crouch likes the youth clinic “because it allows for younger kids to branch out of their comfort zone,” and she is “very happy they have that opportunity.” Johnson enjoys the “performance that is community-based and fun” rather than “focused on perfection” like the team dances. Crouch said the team “forms a bond working together to teach [the kids].”

January 7, 2023 is the team’s next competition. “We have a lot of time to prepare and better our routines,” said Johnson. This season, Crouch is “looking forward to improving on techniques” and “becoming even closer with [her] teammates.”

On Wednesday, December 7, Panera Bread is hosting a dine and donate for the dance team from 4pm-8pm. Find the link to the flyer here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl1KHecusRt/?igshid=NTdlMDg3MTY=

Be on the lookout for another dine and donate next week at Lennie’s.