Bloomington South takes on Decatur Central in Semi-State after Regional win

This Friday, South football takes on Decatur Central High School at Devere Fair Stadium. 

The Panther football team is currently 11-1 going into this regional game, while Decatur Central is 10-2. Both teams are preparing for the biggest game of their season with multiple tactics. 

Junior safety Miles McKay is getting ready for the match up by “watching a lot of film trying to figure out where their weaknesses and strengths are,” said McKay. With this being said, almost every day the team is reviewing film, in hopes to outsmart Decatur Central, to then continue to the state championships. To do that, they must be prepared. “Preparation is key, for everybody on this team,” said McKay.

Another thing the team is focused on is mindset, as well as what they are working on at practice. This past week, South has been preparing to take down their offensive line, as they are, “a very big team,” said junior center Isaac Sullivan. The main objective is the physicality in the game as, “It is necessary we get movement,” said Sullivan.

Still, senior quarterback Jarrin Alley is confident with the team’s ability to beat Decatur Central, “I trust the people around me,” said Alley. He believes that the team is fully capable of winning the game, which means a lot considering he is the figurehead of the team. Although he is confident in the team’s skills, they still need to “Play physical. Play hard,” said Alley.

If you want to support the Bloomington High School football team, show up and show out Friday, November 17th at 7 p.m. at Decatur Central High School.