Annalise Coyne Wins Soccer Mental Attitude Award

On October 28, 2023, Bloomington High School South senior Annalise Coyne won the Theresia Wynns Mental Attitude Award for girls Class 3A soccer, presented by Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance. 

“It was a surprise, but it was an honor. I’m really excited to have gotten [the award],” said Coyne. 

Coyne has been playing soccer since she was 4 years old, and started playing for South her freshman year.

Her consistent positive attitude over her four years at South has continuously had a good impact on her team. Even through some tough games she was able to keep the team uplifted and going with her positive encouragement. 

“There were a couple games throughout the season where we were behind, or we weren’t playing as well as we wanted, and I think just having a positive attitude and encouraging the girls to keep trying and keep pushing really helped us either win, or just get through the game playing our best,” said Coyne.

Coyne was able to keep a positive mentality throughout the State Championship game, even though it was pretty tough. Although they didn’t win State, it will be one for the books. 

“Even though it didn’t end the way we wanted it to, it was such a cool experience,” said Coyne, reflecting on State.

She doesn’t intend to continue playing soccer in college. If she decides to continue her soccer career, it will just be for club team. 

“I’ve had a great couple years at South, so it’s a good way to end, I’m happy about it.” Coyne said.