South Student’s enjoyed the spring-break Germany trip

At every corner, the students were captivated by the beauty and history of the cities, whether it was from the majestic spires of ancient churches or the panoramic views from its highest points.

Under the guidance of their German teacher, Vera Frye, the students demonstrated remarkable punctuality, making sure they were always prepared to make the most of the day.

It took a couple of days for some to adjust to the rhythm of a new country, as most of them hadn’t been that far from their homes before. However, soon enough, they were fully engaged in the experience, taking advantage of every opportunity for adventure and cultural discovery.

Their itinerary was packed with visits to cities such as Berlin, Potsdam, Dresden, Nuremberg, Munich, Rothenburg, Heidelberg, and Cologne, each offering its own unique glimpse into German culture. Cologne, in particular, stood out as a favorite among the students.

Students also visited the Berlin Wall, which is currently the largest outside art object in the world. Most of them agree that Germany was very different from what they were used to in the U.S. and it was definitely worth going there. One of the main objectives was getting to know more about the history and culture of Germany and it seems that their visit was a success because they saw all the popular monuments and churches, sampled traditional cuisine, and observed a significant amount of European architecture.

Additionally, they improved their awareness of different dialects by interacting with local people in all the various towns they went to visit.

One of the most memorable experiences was a cooking class in Berlin, where the students prepared dinner and participated in making desserts—a cherished highlight of their journey. One of the participants of the trip had a birthday on that day and others decided to make him a cake and celebrate it there together. 

As the students were going back home, they took with them not only memories but also a deeper understanding and appreciation of a world beyond their own.