Congressional art contest

The annual congressional art contest is available to high school students in the United States. Congressman Todd Young is accepting submissions from those in the 9th congressional district of Indiana at his office. Submissions must be 2 dimensional, no larger than 28 by 28 inches and 4 inches thick, no heavier than 15 pounds and original works.

Artwork must be submitted by April 15. For more information on how to submit, see here.

There will be a best in show reception at the IU Art Museum. Artwork from the district will be displayed, and the overall best in show as judged by a panel of artists will be announced. The judges will select a photography and non-photography winner.

These winners will be flown to Washington D.C. for the National Art Competition reception and have their work displayed in the tunnel to the national capital.

Indiana also has a social media winner as decided by likes on the Todd Young Facebook page. This winner will be recognized by Todd Young and have their work displayed in theĀ Bloomington Constituent Service Center for a year.