Simon Mullins

Simon+Mullins

Our thoughts and prayers are with the friends and family of freshman, Simon Mullins, who died this week. Please share a memory of Simon.

5
View Comments (5)
$370
$500

$370
$500

• J

Jada BuehlerMar 24, 2016 at 7:14 pm

Honestly I wasn’t super close to Simon unlike some of my friends. We had been in band together and for two years twice a week he was the highlight of my day. He was easily the funniest most amazing I’ve ever met. Even though I didn’t know him on a super deep level I know many people love him and he loves many people. My thoughts and prayers are with all of his friends and family for the upcoming months.

Reply
  • D

December Smedley & Adam CrouchMar 24, 2016 at 1:58 pm

My son Adam and Simon were best friends in Elementary School and every time Adam would run into Simon after he left the school Simon attended he would be so happy to have seen him. My son said yesterday he would have rather it been him than Simon, Simon was too good of a person. I remember Simon as a smart, sweet, respectful child. Adam and Simon won the Pinky & the Brain award in second grade for plotting to take over the world together. Adam’s 2nd grade teacher said this about the two of them “They were the first students that I had seen develop a genuine friendship at such a young age.” It was a genuine friendship, because Simon was a genuine person. We will always have Simon and his wonderful family in our hearts. He was smart, special and talented. A great loss.

Reply
  • L

Lucas ByrdMar 24, 2016 at 10:10 am

Simon was great in everything he did. He touched all of our lives. He was a great leader and friend. I met him in Boy Scouts. He was a true leader. He was friendly to every single scout. He was an Eagle Scout, which is the highest rank and is and very honorable. At one point, he was a senior patrol leader. He was an amazing person. Another thing about Simon is that he was adventurous. I remember lots of times where he was in a tree. One time at school, our teacher took us outside for fifth period. Simon and some other students were tossing around a frisbee. Someone accidentally got it onto the roof by accident so Simon decided to climb the roof to get it back. He had it all thought out how to get it back. Even though he was expelled for climbing the roof, he did get the frisbee back and surprisingly without a scratch. Again, Simon was adventurous, a friend, and a leader. It was a shock to hear about what had happened, but Simon will live on in our hearts. I know it’s sad, but I know he wouldn’t want us to mourn his death. Simon would want us all to celebrate his life, all the memories and good times we had with him, and how amazing of a friend he was. I’ll miss him.

Reply
  • O

Ollie McDermott-SipeMar 24, 2016 at 9:46 am

I loved Simon, and I still do. He was the funniest, most wonderful person I’ve ever known and will ever know. Making him smile was one of the only things that kept me going through middle school because his smile lit up my world and made me feel so important. We had great discussions about music and cheesy sci-fi movies and Star Wars, and I miss the sound of his voice.

Reply
  • I

Ivy Stafford & FamilyMar 24, 2016 at 9:41 am

Sending Love hugs and prayers to all.

Please remember, you NEVER know how many lives that you touch ~ they are more far reaching than you could ever imagine.

Reply