South Speaks: Commencement Speakers

We asked two of the graduating seniors who are delivering commencement speeches what they hope to accomplish with their words.

"I'm excited to get up there and represent my class, not take it too seriously and spread the fun." -Carter Sims, senior
“I’m excited to get up there and represent my class, not take it too seriously, and spread the fun.”
-Carter Sims, senior

"I got nominated to be president of the 2016 graduating class, and one of the stipulations was that we would have to give a speech. I've switched the topic of this speech a whole lot because it's pretty important to me; it represents the entire graduating class as well as the faculty at South. Although this is a big weight to carry on my shoulders, I'm excited to get up in front of my friends and family and give a good speech."
“I got nominated to be president of the 2016 graduating class, and one of the stipulations was that we would have to give a speech. I’ve switched the topic of this speech a whole lot because it’s pretty important to me; it represents the entire graduating class as well as the faculty at South. Although this is a big weight to carry on my shoulders, I’m excited to get up in front of my friends and family and deliver a memorable speech.”                                                                        -Cameron Sullivan, senior