Pajama day meets picture day: Monday’s conundrum

Picture day at South is normally defined by its higher number of polos and slightly fewer students walking around in sweatpants. But this year students wore something a little different – pajamas.

In a wonderful coincidence the first day of spirit week, pajama day, happened to fall on picture day.

Senior Jackson Mahuron, a member of student council, said he was “one of many responsible for planning spirit week.” But Jackson went on to say, “Aldridge [Zajmi] wanted PJ day on Monday because he likes to wear pajamas to school on Monday.”

Apparently many people agreed, as students traipsed around in their sleepwear, including some very impressive onesies. One such student, Caitlin Liechti, wore her full body tiger PJ’s. Luckily (or unluckily), she says she brought a change of clothes for her picture.

It seems that many other students shared Caitlin’s foresight. As Jackson points out, “There were a lot of people wearing pajama bottoms and nice tops for the picture.”

So next time you cringe at the awkwardness of your school photo, just be happy that you weren’t wearing your PJ’s.