NHS meets after school today

Bloomington High School South’s National Honors Society chapter meets today after school in the Large Group Room. At today’s meeting, members will be selecting a design for this year’s t-shirts from a number of member-submitted designs, as well as discussing plans for an upcoming blood drive and book drive. The blood drive will be hosted on Monday, October 31st. NHS Secretary Sajnee Desai described a number of changes this year’s officers and new sponsor Ms. Parmenter have chosen to make to NHS this year, a few of which will be discussed at today’s meeting. “We’re trying to stay really engaged with all of our peers. I feel like every year that’s something that officers kind of have trouble with,” Desai said. This year’s officers have opted to discontinue the former volunteering system, and instead will merely require members to clock ten service hours throughout the year, and additionally the officers have a number of plans to keep all NHS members involved in volunteer activities and tutoring.