Where to watch the Best Picture nominees

With the Academy Award winners so recently announced, now is a time when people tend to want to check out the biggest winners. Here’s where you can watch this year’s Best Picture nominees:

Arrival — dir. Denis Villeneuve

Wins: Best Sound Editing

Nominations: Best Sound Editing, Best Picture, Best Director (Denis Villeneuve), Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing, Best Production Design, Best Sound Mixing

Where to watch:

“Arrival” is available for rental on streaming services like Amazon Prime, Google Play, and iTunes. It is also available for purchase on DVD and Blu Ray

Fences — dir. Denzel Washington

Wins: Best Supporting Actress (Viola Davis)

Nominations: Best Supporting Actress (Viola Davis), Best Picture, Best Actor (Denzel Washington), Best Adapted Screenplay

Where to watch:

“Fences” is currently only available for purchase digitally on Youtube, Google Play,  and iTunes. It will release on DVD and Blu Ray on Mar. 14.

Hacksaw Ridge — dir. Mel Gibson

Wins: Best Sound Mixing, Best Film Editing

Nominations: Best Film Editing, Best Sound Mixing, Best Picture, Best Actor (Andrew Garfield), Best Director (Mel Gibson), Best Sound Editing

Where to watch:

“Hacksaw Ridge” is currently available for digital rental through sites like Google Play, Vudu, and Youtube, and for digital purchase through iTunes and Amazon Prime. It is currently available for purchase on DVD and Blu Ray.

Hell or High Water — dir. David Mackenzie

Wins: None

Nominations: Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor (Jeff Bridges), Best Original Screenplay, Best Film Editing

Where to watch:

“Hell or High Water” can be rented digitally through Amazon Prime, iTunes, Youtube, Vudu, and Google Play. It is currently available for purchase on DVD and Blu Ray.

Hidden Figures — dir. Theodore Melfi

Wins: None

Nominations: Best Picture, Best Supporting Actress (Octavia Spencer), Best Adapted Screenplay

Where to watch: “Hidden FIgures” is not currently available to rent or stream through any legal online providers. It will be released on DVD and Blu Ray on Apr. 11, and it is currently playing at both Bloomington AMC locations.

La La Land — dir. Damien Chazelle

Wins: Best Actress (Emma Stone), Best Director (Damien Chazelle), Best Original Score, Best Cinematography, Best Production Design, Best Original Song (“City of Stars”)

Nominations: Best Actress (Emma Stone), Best Director (Damien Chazelle), Best Original Score, Best Cinematography, Best Production Design, Best Original Song (“City of Stars”), Best Original Song (“Audition”), Best Picture, Best Actor (Ryan Gosling), Best Original Screenplay, Best Costume Design, Best Film Editing, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing

Where to watch:

“La La Land” is not currently available for purchase on Blu Ray and DVD, or for rental on any mainstream streaming sites. It is currently playing in both Bloomington AMC theatres.

Lion — dir. Garth Davis

Wins: None

Nominations: Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor (Dev Patel), Best Supporting Actress (Nicole Kidman), Best Original Score, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Cinematography

Where to watch:

“Lion” is not currently available for rental or purchase through streaming sites, but will be released on DVD and Blu Ray on Apr. 11. It is currently playing at the AMC near College Mall.

Manchester by the Sea — dir. Kenneth Lonergan

Wins: Best Actor (Casey Affleck), Best Original Screenplay

Nominations: Best Actor (Casey Affleck), Best Original Screenplay, Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor (Lucas Hedges), Best Supporting Actress (Michelle Williams), Best Director (Kenneth Lonergan)

Where to watch:

“Manchester by the Sea” is available for rental on Youtube, Vudu, and Google Play and for purchase on Amazon Prime and iTunes. It is also available on DVD and Blu Ray.

Moonlight — dir. Barry Jenkins

Wins: Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor (Mahershala Ali), Best Adapted Screenplay

Nominations: Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor (Mahershala Ali), Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Supporting Actress (Naomie Harris), Best Director (Barry Jenkins), Best Original Music Score, Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing

Where to watch:

“Moonlight” is available for rental digitally through Youtube, Vudu, and Google Play, and for purchase online through iTunes and Amazon Prime. It is currently available for purchase on DVD and Blu Ray, and is playing in Bloomington at the College Mall AMC location.