Kluesner Study Sessions

It’s 6:45 AM on a Friday morning in Bloomington. You’re sitting on your living room couch, staring into space and quaffing down some coffee that has too many Sweet n Lows in it. Or, if you have your wits about you, you’re pulling into a deserted South parking lot ready to attack the day with enthusiasm.

Phil Kluesner draws in many students to his study sessions with promises of a rich land of knowledge at 7 a.m.. However, most students attest that these sessions are worth the early rise. Kluesner does a complete review, explaining the ins and outs of the chapter with eloquence and grace.

“(Kluesner) conclusively wrapped the chapter in a quick and efficient way,” junior Noah Moore said.

Kluesner asks leading questions to help engage students who might otherwise feel uncomfortable asking for help. Riley Lukens, junior at South, said “for someone who isn’t very good at history, it helped tremendously.”

The 7 a.m start time may seem too early for some potential review session attendees, but Kluesner has a first and second period APUSH class, so a review session in Panther Plus wouldn’t service the needs of all his students.

Junior Ian Shaw dislikes the early start time, but acknowledges the results it provides. “Mr. Kluesner’s study session helped me do really well on my test, even though it was super early.” Shaw said.