North vs South Football Preview

This Friday, September 10th, the Panthers will attempt to win their fourth straight game against their crosstown rival, the Cougars. The last games these two teams have played in have been complete blowouts in the Panthers favor. North is looking to end the Panthers reign.

North is coming off a big 49-0 road loss against Columbus North last week. The Cougars have struggled in the past few years, only winning one game since 2015. However, North is eager to erase those memories. This game could be a turning point in the Cougars program as they try to defeat their bitter rival who has dominated them not only in football but also just about every other sport for years. It will be no easy task as South has always found a way to beat the Cougars.

The Panthers are coming off a tough loss against Franklin Central on the road. The Panthers  currently hold a 1-2 record and are ranked 12th in the Indiana Class 5A Rankings. South outranks the Cougars in every statistic, however expect North to come out swinging. The Panthers will be victorious if they stick to their game plan that has been so successful against the Cougars the past four years.

The Panthers senior running back Kristian Pechac explained that “there is a lot of hype around this game. Not having the start that we’re used to having and a couple guys battling injuries but that never changes our excitement for games.” When asked what the fans should expect, Pechac answered by saying that the fans “can expect a big game from both sides of the ball. I have faith that we’ll score well on both sides of the ball.”

Friday night’s game takes place at 7 p.m. at South.