Song of the Week – September 10th

Several Optimist staff writers have decided to come together and pick their favorite songs each week based on recent releases, personal feelings, and general overall enjoyment.

September 10th:

Calvin: My song of the week in “San Francisco” by Foxygen. It’s a sweet little song to listen to when you just want to relax and get ready for the day ahead. The instrumental is very cheerful, and reminds of the summertime and days that were carefree, but the lyrics are also sort of sad almost mourning the loss of an old love.

Will: My song of the week is “Blame Game” by Kanye West. I recently went back through all of Kanye’s discography and this song really stuck out to me. John Legend provides the chorus for this track. The song describes the the verbal fights between Kanye and a girlfriend. Its overall very wavy and still sounds good to this day.

Ethan: My song of the week is “I Wonder” by Kanye West. This is hands down my favorite Kanye song of all time. The song appears on Kanye’s third album, “Graduation”. The meaning behind the song is about achieving your goals and fulfilling your dreams. The beat is a classic example of Kanye’s ability to find unheard of samples and integrate it into his own personal style.  

Seth: My song of the week is George Strait’s “All my ex’s live in texas.” Because it suits my vibes accordingly. I feel like it’s one the best country songs construed by anyone ever in the world.

Check out our Spotify playlist with every song from each week: https://open.spotify.com/user/12152871126/playlist/79R1OHHs24ETg8GiS6wGLE