Boys Soccer takes on North

Calvin Prenkert

The Bloomington South boys soccer team charges ahead into their upcoming matchup against their rivals from North. South, 11-1 on the year and ranked 24th nationally, are the odds on favorite to defeat the Cougars, who have struggled with a 3-4-5 record. Expect big contributions from top scorers Alex Fox, Ben Yeagley, and James Lundell.

Sophomore James Lundell has the 3rd most goals on the team and is an important part of the Panthers’ starting 11. He spoke on the upcoming match against North.

“I’m ready. We need to focus on the fact that it’s a Conference [Indiana] game, not a rivalry game. We need to use this to stay at the top of our conference.”

Another sophomore Varsity contributor is Keegan Deemer. He also spoke on tonight’s game.

“I am excited and I think we need to just play our game, and not worry about it being the North-South game.”

Even if the players are preparing for North as just another opponent, fans certainly won’t. Show up early if you want a good seat to take in this exciting crosstown rivalry.

The Panthers compete against North on Thursday, September 14th, with the Varsity match set to start at 7:30 p.m.