Trick or Treating FTK

Current DM president Zoe Berenzstein (middle) poses with Junior President Tommy Mcevilly (Left) and Junior Fundraising VP Taylor Harmon (right)

On Halloween night members of the Bloomington South Dance marathon braved the cold and the frightening small children to ask for donations for Riley children’s hospital. The “canning” event was a success, raising several hundred dollars for the kids.

Senior VP of Riley Development Ella Need liked the event “It was really rewarding to do something on halloween for dance marathon because it gives us a chance to celebrate the holiday while educating the community about an important cause,” Need said.

Junior Entertainment Executive Aidan Crowley was stationed in the Hyde Park neighborhood and dressed up as Shaggy Rogers from Scooby-Doo. Crowley enjoyed canning with his fellow executives. “It was a really fun time, even though it was so cold I couldn’t feel my fingers,” Crowley said.  

Senior President Zoe Berenzstein explained that the idea to can was derived last year,  “Fundraising drew routes for all six committees and execs recruited steering committee members to attend. It’s a good way for committee members to get to know execs and get more involved with the club.”