• November 2Thanksgiving Break 11/20-11/24

• November 2Election Day Off 11/7

• November 2Thanksgiving Break 11/20-24

South girls look to stifle Seymour

Logan Hanchett, Sports Writer

The Bloomington South girls basketball team is riding a two game winning streak into Tuesday night’s home matchup against Seymour. South will look to continue their momentum and climb to a .500 record.

Seymour (4-2) hasn’t played a top-notch schedule, but come into the game with confidence and several offensive playmakers. The Owls are led by junior forward Makenna Fee, who dominates the game in the paint. Complementing Fee will be guards Ashton Chase and Maddie Roark, each averaging roughly 13 points per game. Chase can catch fire from behind the arc, so South will need to prevent looks from outside. Freshman Grace Meyer will also play a role in Tuesday’s contest, as she put up 12 points against Batesville in her first appearance.

South (3-4) struggled early on in the season, dropping four out of their first five. The Panthers have a relatively balanced lineup, as they are forced to utilize their entire bench for the full court press. South will look to play fast and fluster the Owls with defensive pressure. When the Panthers defense gets going, so does the offense. Sophomores Kristen Ridner and Lauren Connor will accompany Addy Blackwell in putting up big numbers.

Bloomington South takes on Seymour at J.R. Holmes Court, Tuesday, November 28th at 7:30 p.m.