• November 13Proof from Theatre South performed this weekend

• November 13Thanksgiving Break starts Nov. 17

• October 15Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

Battle of the Krogers

Taylor Harmon, Staff Writer

One of the most highly debated topics among Bloomington residents is the argument over which Kroger (out of four) is the best.

The results of a two day Twitter poll have shown that KroGucci (College Mall Rd.) is the preferred Kroger in Bloomington, beating KroCountry (Walnut St.) by 12 percent.

“KroGucci is a friendlier environment. Whenever I get my groceries there I feel safe and welcome,” sophomore Claire Rothstein said.

Likewise, senior Hadley Knaus believes KroGucci’s full cafeteria is what makes it attractive.

“You can go there and sit down then go back and buy the rest of the cookie package, if you want,” Knaus said.

However, not all Bloomingtonians agree. There is still a clear divide between the KroGucci lovers and the loyal KroGhetto (College Ave.), KroCountry, or KroGotten (Liberty Dr.) customers.

Juniors Tommy McEvilly and Lizbeth Funkhouser are both KroCountry supporters. McEvilly enjoys how close KroCountry is to his home and the smaller number of customers.

In the end, it appears that KroGucci is the favorite branch of South students; as junior Noah Moore says, “KroGucci cares.”

1 Comment

One Response to “Battle of the Krogers”

1. William Lundell on December 10th, 2017 1:08 pm

So refreshing to check the Optimist website every once and a while. I miss Mills and the great times in that class. Keep up the good work Optimist staff and carry on my legacy of journalistic excellence!

Battle of the Krogers