German Club card making

German Club presidents and members gathered today during Panther Plus to make, count and package cards for their upcoming fundraiser. They hope to raise funds for Christmas Angel Tree and to make at least one hundred cards.

“We like to do things that educate us in German culture. We like to have fun, but we like our fun to go towards a good cause. We were unable to participate in Christmas Angel Tree this year, [so we decided that] the next best thing would be to donate,” senior and German Club president William Richardson said.

In previous years, German Club has made Mother’s Day cards that were sold individually. This year, cards will be sold either by box or individually. Cards can be purchased in a box of 12 for $20, in a box of six for $10 or individually for $2.

Another change that will be seen this year is the variety of cards available for purchase. German club is making an assortment of cards including birthday cards, thank you, holiday and more.

The cards will be sold at a booth at lunch and “will be marketed towards both teachers and students,” Richardson said.