Blades drop senior night match against Central Indiana, 4-1

Calvin Prenkert
Bloomington’s Aidan Lowinger (30) watches from the goal.

The No. 10 ranked Bloomington Blades hockey team, comprised of both South and North students, took the ice against the fourth-ranked Central Indiana Knights this past Saturday. The Blades honored their three seniors and scored the first goal of the game, but they ultimately fell 4-1.

Bloomington’s (9-12) lone goal came in the first period, as senior Sam Burris capitalized off an assist from freshman Ryan Hunt. The lead was short lived, however, with the Knights quickly evening it out within minutes of the Blades’ only score.

The second period was unkind to the Bloomington, as sophomore goalie and Indiana all-star Aidan Lowinger failed to save two consecutive goals to give the Knights a 3-1 lead going into the final period.  

“We had the ability to beat the (Central Indiana Knights) but got unlucky, and got all the wrong bounces,” junior Lander Greulich said. “We’ve been working on angling drills to better adapt to faster players like Carmel, who we faced this weekend.”

The Blades will take the ice again this Sunday, Jan. 21, against Carmel Gold at the Frank Southern Ice Arena at 7 p.m.