Super Bowl LII Predictions

The New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles will play in Super Bowl LII on Sunday, Feb. 4. Here a few predictions ahead of the most-watched TV event in America.

Commercials

Over the past few years, the Super Bowl commercials have had a massive decline in terms of comedy and creativeness, in my opinion. In previous years, the commercials used to be hilarious and had that certain, iconic pizazz. Nowadays, the commercials are pretty boring and really aren’t even funny or memorable anymore, except for the select few such as the Budweiser lost puppy commercial or that M&Ms one. My prediction for the commercials this year is that they will be more of the same; boring and not very funny, except for one or two.

How long it will take Pink to sing the national anthem?

I’ve noticed that artists at big sporting events sung recently by have taken an eternity to finishing singing the national anthem for some odd reason. Maybe they want to show millions of people how long they can drag out a song that takes at most one minute to sing? I’m not sure. My prediction is that it will take over two minutes for Pink to sing “The Star-Spangled Banner” from start to finish.

Will a player leave the game due to concussion-like symptoms?

NO. It’s the Super Bowl. Players don’t even leave the game for a concussion in regular season games, much less preseason games.

Color of Patriots’ Head Coach Bill Belichick’s Hoodie

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick has long been known for wearing an old hoodie on the sidelines for almost every game he’s coached with the Patriots. Belichick has worn a grey hoodie in past Super Bowls in which his team won. Expect more of the same from Belichick on Sunday wearing a $40 grey hoodie on the sidelines in the Super Bowl.

Will Justin Timberlake jump off the roof at Halftime like Lady Gaga?

I believe that Justin Timberlake will definitely not jump off the roof like Lady Gaga, but hey, it’s J.T. you never know.

What color will the Gatorade be when the players dump the cooler on the winning Head Coach?

Here are the current odds of the Gatorade colors:

• Orange +125
  • Clear/Water +300
  • Yellow +300
  • Red +600
  • Blue +750
  • Green +300
  • Purple +1200

Purple is a massive underdog here and blue as well. I know for a fact that Blue is a very popular flavor amongst athletes, and its color coordinates with the Patriots. The Green Gatorade is more of a neon green which tastes terrible and does not match with the Eagles nor the Patriots. My pick here is Blue because it’s a great flavor and matches up well with the teams.

Final Score and Super Bowl LII Champions

This might be one of the hardest Super Bowls to predict, in my opinion. You have the Eagles’ solid defense and surprisingly good offense with a severely inexperienced quarterback in Nick Foles against Tom Brady. This game is definitely a slippery slope. On one hand, the Eagles could pick apart the Patriots’ terrible defense and run up the score quickly, making the game a joke. Or, the Eagles could be another meme and blow a 28-3 lead. On the Patriots side, they have Tom Brady. There shouldn’t be an explanation on why the Patriots won’t get blown out, but nevertheless, here it is. The Patriots have a great offense but an awful defense that was ranked last in the NFL all season long. As previously mentioned, they also have Tom Brady. The man is 40 years old and has won 5 rings. Brady, love him or hate him, is undeniably one of the best quarterbacks of all time. So, now that the analyzing is complete, here is my prediction.

Eagles: 28 – Patriots: 24    Super Bowl LII Champions: Philadelphia Eagles

The city of Philadelphia will finally get a championship, and all hell will break loose.