Diversity Dinner preview

Diversity Club’s annual Diversity Dinner is coming up on Thursday, March 8 from 6 to 8 p.m. It will be hosted in the BHSS cafeteria but is open to anyone in the local community. Students can purchase tickets for $5 during all three lunches starting today, Feb. 26. Tickets can also be purchased at the door for $8.

This is an all-you-can-eat event with a large variety of multicultural dishes donated by students as well as local restaurants. There will also be performances of music and dance done by students and other community members.

All proceeds from tickets and donations will go to the Yemeni Food Crisis Relief. Yemen is currently in the middle of a conflict with other countries in the region which has caused, among other things, drastic famine in the region.

“This is the first year we are donating the funds to a charity organization, so we really want this to be a big event that makes an impact,” Veera Shah, Diversity Club co-president, said.

Anyone not in Diversity Club who is interested in donating food or performing can contact Veera Shah at [email protected] or talk to the Diversity Club presidents, Veera Shah and Star Han, in person at South.