Local scholarship opportunities

Some of the most often overlooked opportunities for college scholarships come from within the local community. These scholarships often have a much smaller pool of applicants, so your chances of receiving one may be significantly higher. The deadline for seniors applying for scholarships is quickly approaching, so for anyone out there interested in, here are a few local scholarship opportunities.

Monroe County Ag. Day Scholarship

Students who have been raised on a farm, are current/former members of the Monroe County 4-H or are current members of the FFA chapter in Monroe County are eligible for this scholarship. Students going into an agricultural field in college will be more likely to receive the scholarship, but it isn’t required. Due by the end of the day March 15, 2018.

Application available here.

Bloomington Watercolor Society

Students interested in an arts career (including visual fine arts, arts education, architecture or design) are eligible for this scholarship. The awarded money will go towards any supplies needed for the student’s specific medium. Additionally, the student will be offered an opportunity for a gallery exhibit. All applications due March 30, 2018.

Application available here.

Lexie Mills Memorial Scholarship

This is a scholarship for students who are dedicated to their community and who have been involved in extracurriculars throughout their high school years. The funds may go towards tuition, fees or books at any university within the USA. Materials due March 30, 2018.

Application available here.

Moya Andrews Women’s Science Award

Any female student attending an MCCSC high school who plans to attend Indiana University Bloomington with a science major in the coming fall is eligible for this scholarship. All materials due May 1.

To apply, contact Office of Women’s Affairs at 812-855-3840 or [email protected].