South beats North for Sectional Championship

Last Friday, South beat North in the IHSAA football sectional championship on South’s home turf. The efforts of senior Che Houge (36) who scored multiple touchdowns for the team led the Panthers to victory against the Cougars.  Other considerable efforts were made by the offensive line as a whole, junior Zachary David (2), and senior Tyree Rochell (26). 

Challenges are no match for Panther football as they adjust to any circumstances. Inside linebacker Jordan Tolden (22) said, “we planned all our plays on Cody [one of North’s running backs] so when we found out he wasn’t playing we had to adjust.”

Additionally, quarterback Zachary David had to be pulled from the game after a hard hit. David said, “I got my ankle clipped, and I hit my head helmet to helmet with a North player. I’m OK, but I do have a concussion and it’s undetermined if I’ll get to play on Friday against New Albany.”

The Panthers will play the New Albany Bulldogs Friday, Nov. 12th, at 7 p.m. at New Albany for the Regional Championship.

Nolan Lamoureux

Nolan Lamoureux

Nolan Lamoureux

Nolan Lamoureux

Nolan Lamoureux

Nolan Lamoureux