The High School Scheduling Committee will delay releasing their report until a new superintendent is appointed.

The heated debate over the soon to be former superintendent’s attempt to change the current trimester schedule has, unfortunately, not been resolved. Despite the fact that Jeff Hauswald will soon leave as superintendent of MCCSC after having his contract bought out, the schedule change he put forward continues to be considered. The MCCSC High School Scheduling Committee, created by the Board of Trustees has put together a report on the merits of any change, but the committee has decided to delay releasing this report until a new superintendent is chosen.

The primary reason given during their meeting on March 20th is that they need to choose a new Superintendent. This is because they believe that during this period of  transition, it is not a good idea to release it. Another reason given by committee member and parent Bronwyn Schroyer is that the high school scheduling committee is trying to “firm up” the language in the report. In addition, a Facebook post by Schroyer implied that there remains disagreement among Committee members as to whether the trimester schedule creates inequity. 

However, the report may be shared sooner than expected. According to President of the Board of Trustees April Hennessey on the plan to delay releasing the report, “Regarding when to release it, that will have to be a whole board decision. I can’t make it alone. However, I suspect that we will hand that report to our interim superintendent when we make that transition. To delay releasing that report for another entire year seems excessive and unnecessary to me. It made good sense to wait until the handoff between the current superintendent and interim,” she said in an Optimist interview.

In addition, she also stated the information in the report was available on the MCCSC Boardocs website. For those who want to see it here is a link Featured – 315 E North Drive . Bloomington, IN 47401 . (812) 330-7700 BoardDocs® Pro the data is under the meeting information tab for the March 6th High School Schedule advisory meeting.