South Security restructured after Josh Tinsley’s departure

Upon returning to South last week, students were distraught to hear that the beloved security guard Josh Tinsley had left the Bloomington South security force. When asked about Tinsley’s departure from South, senior security guard Corbin Calvert said little.  

“Mine and Josh’s relationship was strictly professional,” Calvert said.

Some may think that hall roaming will now be easier than ever, but the two new security guards hired this summer will still keep students out of trouble and in class. 

As the top dog of the security force, Calvert was in charge of picking the two new guards. The two chosen recruits are Dave Pruet and Scoobie Abdllah. Although they might not be the same as Tinsley, both men are highly qualified to do the job.

Pruet, is a Bloomington North graduate and dedicated cougar. While he may have been raised a cougar, he has found a new rhythm at Bloomington South.

“I’m more in tune with what I’m trained for here at South,” Pruet said.

Pruet, who previously worked at Fairview Elementary, felt that elementary life was a much more challenging job than that of high school.

When Pruet is not reprimanding hall roamers, you can find him in his own private studio with multiple drum sets. Pruet is a professional drummer who plays both solo and with accompaniment. After the job at Fairview, this drummer extraordinaire is ready to take on the students of Bloomington South.

Abdllah doesn’t have the same school  experience as Pruet, but he does have an extensive security background of his own. At one point in time, South students could have found Abdllah milling around the mall in uniform catching  wrongdoers. Contrastingly, Abdllah has also worked as a prison officer at a jail.

After Tinsley’s departure, South security was in danger of  becoming understaffed for the start of the school year. Thankfully, in order to restore justice and honor to the famed security staff, Pruet and Abdllah have stepped up to fill in the gaps. Hopefully, students will begin to see more of this dynamic duo around the halls, reinforcing the security legacy that Tinsley left behind.